The first annual short film, Film Festival May 30th 2020
Film Submission Deadline
March 22nd 2020
About The Festival
The 10 Minute Film Festival is hosting its first event designed to showcase creative individuals in the Northeast region. Participants will be asked to submit a short film that is at least 5 minutes in duration but not to exceed 10 (including credits). Participants will be given a list of several challenges that can be completed in their film. These challenges are not mandatory but if completed And chosen may win additional prizes. Films will be rated by a panel of three judges who will grade films based on creativity of completed challenges and film quality. The 10 Minute Film Festival will take place on May 30th @ 6pm, at the Academy of Music in Northampton, MA.
Rules & Challenges
1. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Underage filmmakers must have their film submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
2. Entrant confirms and warrants that he/she has the required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
3. Films must be submitted electronically through the FilmFreeway website at: https://filmfreeway.com/10MinFilmFest
4. 10MFF will accept films that are the equivalent of an ‘R’ rating. However, the 10MFF reserves the right to reject submissions which it considers inappropriate in the sole discretion of the 10MFF Committee (e.g., submissions which contain excessive nudity, violence or vulgarity).
5. All entries must be either in English, contain English subtitles, or be dubbed in English.
6. All submissions for 10MFF are to be paid through Film Freeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
7. All genres are eligible.
8. All submissions must have been completed after May 2015.
9. By submitting to the festival you confirm that you own the rights of the work submitted.
These challenges are not mandatory
Challenge 1: Most creative Continuous shot 45 sec minimum. No cuts & no edits (other than sound, color correction, titles etc.) Trophy & TBA (prize to be valued of at least $100)
Challenge 2: most creative use of a “CLOCK” must be used in the film by any character. Trophy & TBA (prize to be valued of at least $100)
Challenge 3: Most creative "that's what she said" joke. Trophy & TBA (prize to be valued of at least $100)
Challenge 4: Most creative Point Of View shot(POV) Trophy & TBA (prize to be valued of at least $100)
Awards & Prizes
First Place for Best Film: Trophy & $400
Second Place for Best Film: Trophy & $200
Third Place for Best Film: Trophy & $100
These challenges are not mandatory
Challenge 1: Most creative Continuous shot 45 sec minimum.
No cuts & no edits (other than sound, color correction, titles etc.) (Trophy & Prize TBA)
Challenge 2: most creative use of a “CLOCK” must be used in the film by any character. (Trophy & Prize TBA)
Challenge 3: Most creative "that's what she said" joke (Trophy & Prize TBA)
Challenge 4: Most creative Point Of View shot(POV) (Trophy & Prize TBA)
ALL Challenge Prizes TBA will be valued of at least $100
Get Your Tickets OR Submit Your Film
The 10 Minute Film Festival proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.
General Admission Tickets
The mission of the Academy of Music is to enrich greater Northampton’s quality of life by offering first class performing arts and film presentations in an historic theatre of national significance, and encouraging the use of the venue for social, educational and professional events; the Academy of Music seeks a broad and diverse audience through its programming and outreach efforts.
The Academy of Music building is owned by the City of Northampton, which received the deed in 1892 from former owner and builder Edward H.R. Lyman. The Academy of Music, Inc., is the operating entity for the building, and it is an independent, private, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable organization governed by a Board of Trustees. The Northampton Mayor and Smith College President serve on the board, as was Lyman’s wish. The other board members are volunteers who have an interest in the performing arts, in the continued vitality of the City of Northampton, or who have special expertise related to the Academy’s operations.
Our Friends & Sponsors